Re: [oletrucks] poor running engine --->bad gas

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] poor running engine --->bad gas
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 15:58:43 -0700 (PDT)
This is the second post today that commented on bad gas.

We used to be able to let vehicles sit for months or years with few problems;
then get
in them and start them right up...at least I've done it and I know my dad and
brothers
have as well.

Gas has been reformulated over the last couple of years.  The new gas breaks
down much
more quickly and leaves nastier sediment and gunk than the old formulas...ie,
those of
us used to letting a vehicle sit with old gas in it for quite a while need to
change our
ways and use gas preservative...a sign of the times...

I would assume that since the formulas change for different parts of the
country that
this tendency might be better or worse in different parts of the country as
well.

Mark Noakes