Re: [oletrucks] Shifting Linkage

To: Duff Karen ES-19 103 FW/EM <Karen.Duff@ctbrad.ang.af.mil>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Shifting Linkage
From: Rich Kosiba <kosibar@kolbenet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 20:31:22 -0400 (EDT)
Karen,

I've had similar problems, I think from the keyways inside the "box"
getting worn over the years. I chose behavior modification rather than
medication. ;) For the sake of clarity, we'll call the 1st/Reverse side
forward and the 2nd/3rd side back.

The way I've solved the problem (or, rather, avoided it) is to hold the
shifting lever forward, then slide it out of first until I feel it hit
center. Then I let it fall back, (double clutch) then slowly push it up
into second. Of course, no problem going to first.

I do the same thing coming out of 2nd or 3rd to go into 1st or Reverse,
except the opposite. Just pull it down (or up) out of gear to center
before pulling it forward to between Reverse and 1st.

Rich