Re: [Re: [oletrucks] Keyless Entry]

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: [oletrucks] Keyless Entry]
From: Scot Stockton <auriclux@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 06:42:59 -0700
JOE GARCIA <joegarcia1@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Lee,
>
> I have a Dakota Digital 8-Function remote control...I haven't had one
> problem in 5 years...
>
> If both remotes go dead, I have a toggle hidden under the cab that is
> hard wired to the door solenoid so I can open a door for me to gain
> access. The toggle is only powered when the ignition is off to prevent
> accidental triggering while in motion.

I use a security key switch (you know, the little cylinders with divots cut
from the lower edge) where Joe uses a toggle that pulses all the solenoids.  I
also have a mechanical pull under the cab that I can lock with a small padlock
keyed to the same security key.  Getting the door open with the pull is, ummm,
inconvenient, but still better than breaking in should the solenoids fail.

Scot