Re: [oletrucks] Keyless Entry

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Keyless Entry
From: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:18:47 -0700
Culver,

Take a look at the linkage mechanism on your latch. There should be a place
on there where you could drop a cable from, with a pulley and a guide
(available from Lokar) you should be able to rig up some type of mechanical
pull. This mechanical pull can then be routed where you need it to go. The
problem with doing this is that when the door opens, the pull needs to go
with it - I have a buddy with an old olds (cutlass) that cut a small hole on
the front side of his door (near the jam) and ran the pull (a small cable)
into his engine compartment. Had to have the hood open to open the door
mechanically, but in worked.

There are other ways. Think of a lever mounted under your floorboard that
when moved pushes (or pulls) another lever that is attached to the door
mechanism. It's fun to watch someone walk up to their car, kick it, and have
a door open. I observed this on a road runner or something of the era - he
had all the levers chromed and did a nice install right near the rear jam of
the door. Looked a little odd when the door was open, but it sparked many
questions.

Hope this gives you some ideas

- Ryan