[oletrucks] TF Rear Drum Removal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] TF Rear Drum Removal
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 19:09:58 -0500
This weekend is the one I'm using to try to go through the brakes
on my 57 3200 with stock rear axle.  Passenger side rear went great.
Took the tire off and the drum practically fell off.

The driver's side rear has been another story.  I can pry the drum
a little and can see it flex  and move at the studs but can't break
it loose at the hub.  Tried penetrating oil.  Tried heat.  Tried
tapping it with a ball peen hammer.  Tried heat+prying+tapping.
Didn't work.  I can get a puller to pull on the rim of the drum but
I'm afraid I'll break off the center of the drum if I pull too hard.

There are no apparent rivets or screws holding the drum on, though
there are 5 extra 3/8" holes in the drum that are blanked off by
the hub flange.

Am I missing something here?  Is there something that should come
loose first to get the thing off?  How much can I reef on it before
I break it?

Torch off the center and get a new drum?

Looking for advice from someone who has been there before.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN