Re: [oletrucks] Intake help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Intake help
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 04:38:05 -0700 (PDT)
In doing a retro looking modern hardware setup for my 58/56 Chevy Suburban, I
used a GM
baseline crate small block and the original intake and carb...yes this will
limit hp and
top rpm but will also keep the torque down so I don't break my original 3 speed
+ OD and
at the same time will give me better fuel atomization at the lower rpm due to
higher
velocities thru the carb...so maybe a little better gas mileage as well.  The
intake
bolted up fine; I'm using the filler tube so the problem stated is not one I
had to take
care of.  I'm still trying to come up with a retro looking pcv solution as I'm
also
using original 58 valve covers.

Mark Noakes
Knoxville, TN