[oletrucks] RE: What is Hot?

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: What is Hot?
From: "Wayne" <wroworth@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 22:13:02 -0400
Hey y'all,

First I would like to thank all that gave their suggestions. Great stuff. I
think I'm on the right track thanks to you. Here's what I've done so far:

1 - installed an oil cooler. what a time I had stopping a leak caused by bound
teflon tape. you know the drip is never where the leak is! 2 - installed a fan
shroud. oouuccchhh! $78 bucks for a piece of plastic and you cut and throw
away a hole, about $50 bucks worth, larger than the original piece! 3 -
installed a 195 degree thermostat. 4 - installed an overflow bottle. 5 - made
sure my coolant was 50/50. 6 - already had a tranny cooler installed.

I haven't done the rad yet but I think there is a difference already even
without hauling the trailer. It's been hot and humid here, about 91-92 degrees
and she's running around 205 degrees when air is on or off. It used to climb
to 230 degrees after running at 55-60 mph and stopping at a light without the
trailer. It doesn't do that anymore.

I'll know for sure when I haul the trailer in a few days. I'll keep you
posted. Thanks again!

Wayne - '47 1 Ton Panel - http://www.itswhatsnext.com/ifs%20project.htm