[oletrucks] 1954 Chevy 3100 Dash

To: OleTruck Mail List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1954 Chevy 3100 Dash
From: Rich Kosiba <kosibar@kolbenet.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:57:04 -0400 (EDT)
Does anybody have some good pictures of what the dash should look like on
a '54 Chevy 3100? Mine had been beaten through the years and I'm trying to
get it back to stock (or at least as close as I care to). Actually, I find
some '54-specific things to be very ugly and plan to use '53 in their
place where possible/practical.

Today I filled the punched hole in the middle of the dash, on the top. Not
sure what that's for. I also filled the nail holes, which were an option
for installing an earlier speedometer when the '54 speedometer goes bad.
One of the nails was missing, but the remaining nail slipped out quite
easily with a pair of vice grips and the speedometer came right out. Now I
have an extra for my '50. :) I filled some other miscellaneous punch/nail
holes, not sure what any of them were for. I still have some holes that I
don't know what to do with, but they appear to be drilled so I think they
might be stock. I don't think the original owner owned a drill. He had a
really good hammer and nails, though.

Rich
'54 3100
'50 3100