[oletrucks] rear-end

To: "OLETRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] rear-end
From: "Hennie van Dalen" <h.vandalen11@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:15:18 +0200
Hi, i'm currently taking apart my rear-end ('57 chevy 3100 1/2 ton stepside)
because i wan't to overhaul it and have it sandblasted and powdercoated in one
go.
I don't know if it is the original rear-end one the truck (it's a 10 bolt
rear-end in my case) but that is of no importance to me.

My question: i'm not familiar with the rear-end's of U.S. cars and just can't
figure-out how to remove the axles from it.
Do i knock off the inner ring at the wheel-hubs to reach a bolt/bearing? or do
i have to start inside near the ring and pinion and have to take that apart
first?

Hennie van Dalen
www.chello.nl/~h.vandalen11