[oletrucks] Re: Problem with Chevy Duty

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Problem with Chevy Duty
From: Joe Way <joe@brakecylinder.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:12:34 -0700
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:22:18 -0600, oletrucks wrote:

>From: "Robert Mata" <robert@chevyduty.com>
>Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Problem with Chevy Duty
>
>Ok, lets try and put an end to this topic once and for all....
>
>I want to reiterate to everyone that the only "problem" with the kit is that
>it doesn't come with two small sheet metal screws to mount the antenna to the
>body panel....which you wouldn't want to do anyhow...as it would be better to
>bolt it to the body panel......
>
>....I have recommended to the supplier to put 2 sheet metal screws in
>the kit in case the user wants to mount it that way to the body panel.
==================================
Huh? Why don't you recommend that the supplier put bolts and nuts in
the kit, if that's the better way? Better yet, why don't you *insist*
that the kit include the necessary hardware, and add it to the kit
yourself if the supplier refuses?

If the "kit" doesn't include all the parts necessary for the job, it's
not a kit but rather part of one.

Hand the unstructions to your secretary (or some other person who is a
non-gearhead if your secretary is also a mechanic) and see how well
they do with them. It may be instructive. I have been astounded at the
poor quality of the instructions that came with many of the items I
have bought for my '52 in the last few months. I've had a terrible
time figuring some of them out, and I am a mechanic and machinist with
many years of experience.

Hah. I see I made a typo in the third word of the last paragraph.
Seems to work better than the correct spelling, so I'll leave it.

Joe
--
Heather & Joe Way
Sierra Specialty Automotive