[oletrucks] Rob's horn button.

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rob's horn button.
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:21:34 -0500
Rob, been awhile since I've done one, just trying to go by remembering what I
had. Leave the spring under the str wheel. Mount steer wheel, then should be a
hole in it that's smooth, not the two threaded ones, they are for puller is
all. Insert the graphite end of spring/wire/graphite item into hole. This goes
down and touches that slip ring all the time you turn or otherwise. Now
somewhere in here is a flat metal plate that will float maybe or maybe the
center goes under the wheel nut to hold it in??? Somewhere a spring goes in
center and pushes back on the horn button which is forced over the first flat
metal part to hold it up off the middle stud  or shaft??? When you press the
button, it touches that shaft and is grounded ringing horn. The wire going out
to relay through column is attached to that brass ring at top of column.
  Now, I hope most of this is right! Kinda hard w/out parts in front of me.
Also, I can't send to your address, it came back, so went to this site.

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750
AD trucks and MM tractors