Re: [oletrucks] permit help

To: "laurieandmike" <lauriecorbett@ns.sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] permit help
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:56:45 -0500
I have a FILE drawer with places for important papers. Anyway, in IN and WI,
they have old registrations on micro-fiche or something in the "archives" in
basements or such and can "manually" look through the stuff and find old
paperwork copies. There is a fee, and only done on certain days or such,
takes awhile to get back to you.
  Last registered owner is only one who can apply for "lost" title. AND, in
some states, you may owe for all the years not registered as Property tax or
some kinda tax that will need to be paid. Affadavit's ? can be signed by
last owner stating he registered it and when if known, then he sold to you
for x dollars and so on. That may be helpful.
  I change all my old titles over to my name right away just so I don't have
problems like this later. I get "title only" paperwork and don't license the
vehicle.

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750