Re: [oletrucks] For you fellow Hackers out there

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] For you fellow Hackers out there
From: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:38:13 -0700
Just a couple of tid bits from the Mini-Truck world.

These folks are extreme. Their workmanship is top notch (of course this
varies). We could learn something from them, and vice versa.

I've been spending my car show time with the northwest mini-truckers (e.g.,
Visions, Negative Behavior, Class Act, Sittin' Pretty, etc) and have come to
really admire what they are doing. These guys are reworking suspensions,
frames, bodies and entire vehicles - just to see how far a custom ride can
be taken.

Someone mentioned about throwin' sparks. This is a goal of many people on
this circuit! It is  usually done correctly, with steel being welded in
place to actually drag on rather than beating up your rig (some are even
using titanium plates to throw bright white sparks). Surprisingly it's
usually NOT a rear end that will drag.

The above is not my cup of tea. However - once they got done draggin' (had a
contest at a recent show for this, was quite impressive) they hit their air
bags or cylinders and up she came to ride height or better. Couple that with
shocks and you don't have a useless truck.

Donald nailed it - the workmanship and craftsmanship are what we should
focus on. Liking the outcome is a whole different story.

- Ryan