[oletrucks] Re: NOW: Keeping Those Trucks Running... WAS: For you fellow

To: Devin Ranger <devin_ranger@yahoo.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: NOW: Keeping Those Trucks Running... WAS: For you fellow
From: Bill Broadway <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:39:09 -0500
>Right.  No point in sacking someone because of their
>taste in trucks (Although, I imagine that Robert was
>saying that in jest).  Rebuilding an old truck in
>-any- fashion beats buying a new one, right?! ;)

Oh, I don't think anyone was being rude or anything, far from it. I can
very much appreciate someone that takes their truck back to stock. I get a
real kick out of Billy Bob's site for one. And I can't imagine the costs
involved with trying to find some of these very hard to find pieces.

>Hey, for anybody who hasn't already seen Bill's web
>site, go take a look at how far he went to bring his
>truck's body back to life.
>
>http://vanhalen-irc.com/pro55/
>
>Bill went a lot further than most I know would have
>cared to venture on a Chevrolet of this vintage.  Had
>it not been for Bill's resolve this truck might have
>gone to the crusher.

Not sure if this is a compliment or an insult ;-) .... I've spent more
money than I care to list getting that body back into shape. At one point I
figured if it would be over $3000 I'd just buy a fiberglass cab from US
Body source (Glad I didn't now). But I know now in the end I will have a
cab that won't give me a problems, I've seen too many people buy a truck
and then have rust start coming through their nice paint.

Bill