Re: [oletrucks] brakes

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] brakes
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:13:22 -0500
Someone suggested this on this list a month or so ago.  Worked great
on my TF.  Also worked on a trailer I was trying to resurect.

Grind the heads off the nail like pins that hold the shoes.  These
pins are at about 3:00 and 9:00 on the back side of the mounting
plate.

Then get or buy a puller that will attach to the ridges of the drum
and pull the drum off.  When the shoes can move out, the drum should
come off pretty easy.

If it has Bendix style brakes, all the internal parts are available
at NAPA.

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN