Re: [oletrucks] Backup lights

To: "Kirk Pierce" <kpierce@copper.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Backup lights
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:36:28 -0700
Kirk, this is reaching, but just before I retired from the "nav", I was in
the maintenance department of an aeroplane (RA5C Vigilante) squadron. Our
planes were supersonic, so the warning lights (rotating beacons) were
recessed into the skin of the aircraft. When the light switch was turned on,
the lights were extended and lit. I suspect many supersonic but obsolete
aircraft had the same type of arrangement. Maybe you could check surplus
stores for the bits and pieces, or maybe we have some "Twidgets",
electronics technicians, who could draw you a diagram. Might be complicated,
though. Switches, relays, electric motors---. Would be different though!!
Bob K