Re: [oletrucks] maple leaf

To: DON <ppm@accesscomm.ca>, stephen johnston <stephenzone@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] maple leaf
From: George Beddome <mr57@sasktel.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:47:54 -0600
Maple leaf was built in Canada from the twenties to early fifties.  Most
were ton and larger in capacity, but I am pretty sure they made 1/4 and 1/2
tons in the thirtys.  There is a early thirties one in the bush south of
here, and my cousin used to have a 48 or 9 1 1/2 ton.  The GM plant is still
standing and in fairly good shape in Regina, still being used as offices and
warehouses.  The stylized GMC over the main doors is still there.

Hi from a little ways north of Regina!!!