Re: [oletrucks] sad, sad day?

To: Dale <dsbmn@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] sad, sad day?
From: JOE GARCIA <joegarcia1@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:30:36 -0700
Hi Dale-

I only seen the broken wires maybe twice so far.  Mainly the problem I
find is a bad pole piece which bolt to the Breaker plate and is rotated
by the vacuum advance canister.  I find the problems by connecting my
Ohm meter to the pole piece wires and rotate the breaker plate.  When
the plate rotates, the reading on the meter would often be way off
spec's or even go to an open circuit.  The bigger Repair manuals will
outline the proceedure to check the distributor.

Joe