Re: [oletrucks] MII springs

To: "Tom C." <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] MII springs
From: JOE GARCIA <joegarcia1@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 07:04:08 -0700
Yes you can do that but be ready for a rougher ride.

What I do when someone wants the truck to sit closer to stock height is
use the Heidt's Universal Mustang II Kit.  All the other kits have a
built in drop to the crossmember.  The universal kit comes without the
notching for the frame so you can cut the crossmember to fit into the
trucks frame to give you a taller stance.  I've also went the other way
with the universal kit and really notched it out so I could raise the
crossmember up as high as possible in the trucks frame to get a really
low "Built in" stance.  The universal kit is a lot more work but I
think this is what you need.  If you contact Heidt's, you can explain
to them what you wish to accomplish and ask them about what I said on
the Universal kit and they will mail you the instructions so you can
review the steps involved.

The other item that will give you some height to the front is a tire
with a taller side wall.

Joe Garcia