[oletrucks] Optima Battery?]

To: "OLETRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Optima Battery?]
From: "Kevin" <kevin@tbaytel.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 10:09:08 -0400
In fact the Optima is a DRY battery.
They are great for people with the BIG boomin' stereo's because of the fact
that they recharge real fast compared to a regular battery.
I've seen some people with up to 3 Optimas installed for the big amps.

http://optimabatteries.com/
Kevin Stieh
UncleKevin@shaw.ca
http://members.shaw.ca/UncleKevin/

 [Re: [oletrucks] Optima Battery?]

I've an Optima in my '59.  It's sealed, so I won't get a leak.  In fact, I
believe that the electrolyte is a gel, so that the thing can get punctured,
still not leak, and may even operate.  I know that the inherent deep cycle
capability is useful if you winch something or do a field weld with cables
and
coat hangers.  I also know that the Optima does well if you forget to
disconnect the cable and let it sit in the truck for three, three-and-a-half
months.  It started a low compression big-block as if it were run yesterday.