Re: [oletrucks] turn signal wiring

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] turn signal wiring
From: Larry Burnett <laburnett@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 05:05:02 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks to everyone who resonded to my turn signal question. I'm still pretty
new at this, and even newer to electric, so let me throw a few details out for
you, and ask for even more advice
:-)

  First off, my truck was converted to 12V sometime before I got it.  Quite
primitively as well, with an open fuse block screwed to the firewall.
Everything works fine, it's just a bit ugly.

  Currently I have working rear tail/brake light, single bulb.  I don't have
front parking lights (yet)

  As I said the other day, I have a four-wire turn signal switch, but will
likely buy the 7-wire one (thanks for the diagram Steve)  I don't have a
flasher, and really aren't even sure how I would wire one into the truck.

Short of installing a new harness, would it be feasible to clean this up, and
still add turn signals?  Would grabbing a fuse box off another vehicle be
worthwile, or even do-able?  And where/how would I add the flasher in, and what
kind should I get? Are 12V flashers all the same, or should I get aspecific one
from a specific vehicle?

Thanks,
-Larry