Re: [oletrucks] Wheel Problem

To: hosang@281.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wheel Problem
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:23:23 -0600
Charley,

You might want to take your original wheels to a custom wheel shop and have
them cut out the centers on a precision lathe and weld the centers to a 6 or
7 inch tubeless rim.  This would allow you to keep the original look and
back spacing.  I had mine done in Colorado for $45 each or so and then had
them powder coated.  Now the wheels are the only things on my truck that
aren't rusty!  ;-)  Also you should put radials on instead of bias ply cuz
the radials won't track the ruts in the road.  Bias ply tires = two fisted
white knuckle terror driving.  Radial tires = one hand enjoyable driving.

Is Texas your last name or is that where you want to escape from?

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window