Re: [oletrucks] Wheel Problem

To: RThomas@ButteCounty.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wheel Problem
From: JohnHuntD@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:48:47 EDT
(Ooops, hit the wrong button and sent the last e-mail by mistake. Sorry about
that.)

Hi Robert,

Makes sense to me.

I didn't want to spend much money on installing modern one-piece rims and
tires on my '49 3/4 ton, is that the old truck is currently patiently awaiting
the repainting of my 1973 Alfa Romeo GTV. Once that is finished and a garage
bay
is freed up for the truck, I will be replacing the truck drivetrain with
complete 1988 Corvette independent front and rear suspension, disc brakes,
power
rack and pinion steering, wheels, and tires that are currently gathering dust
in my garage. Once the suspension is converted over I will drop in the other
large object gathering dust in my garage, a 467 c.i. Chevy big block and 700R4
transmission. I hope to get started on this in September, and have the truck
back on the road by Spring. If it works as planned, it should be a reasonably
rapid transit for pulling a motorcycle trailer, hauling trash to the dump, etc.
It should also be able to dust off a few "Fast and the Furious" types if I can
any traction short of running street slicks.

(And yes, some of us never grow up.)

Please stay in touch.

John Doak in Baltimore, MD