Re: [oletrucks] what parts needed?

To: "Tom C." <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] what parts needed?
From: JOE GARCIA <joegarcia1@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:47:46 -0700
Hi Tom -

Here is my input to your questions.

1.  You'll save yourself a lot of headaches if you go with the hub to
hub kit. It would be nice to know the year of the rotors and calipers
so when you need a replacement you can tell the guy at the counter the
exact year.  If the kit doesn't come with a swaybar, it would be nice
to get one now.

2.  I'm pretty sure motor mounts don't come with the suspension kit but
they do sell them.  It would be a good idea to get the motor and tranny
mounts "kit" at the same time.

3.  You'll need the toe board support plate, column drop or support at
the dash, hopefully only two borgeson u-joints and a double D shaft.  I
would recommend the vibration dampner u-joint for less road vibration
feeding back to the steering wheel.

4. If you go with the Mustang II rack you won't need the steering box.

5. I would recommend you purchase the combination valve and then just
the 2 lb residual pressure valve for the front brakes.  The combination
valve contains the metering valve, proportioning valve and 10 lb
residual pressure valve all in one unit so their is less cutting and
flaring of brake lines and that means less possible leaking points.

6.  Dual reservoir disc/drum master cylinder will be perfect.

Joe