[oletrucks] towed home on a rollback....

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] towed home on a rollback....
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:04:59 -0400
Well,,
   Was a nice day yesterday and decided to cruise to work in the ole 56...
Got about half way there and felt a pretty good jolt in the
driveline--kinda felt like someone briefly tied me to a stationary
object.  Initially thought it was the clutch coming apart, so pushed it in
quickly and the noise continued. Pulled off and appears something came
apart in the rear end. Had a bud with a roll back come and rescue me,
started to come off the truck and the rear end totally locked so looks like
I'm in for a bit of fun over the next few weekend.
I have a 2:73 limited slip rear that at one time was in the truck and I had
pulled it a couple years ago and installed the original back, I liked
feeling the punch and torque that the original 3:90 gives to the 327, so
fortunately i'll just reinstall the 2:73 one and hopefully be on my way in
a bit of time.
When I take the cover off I'll take a pic or two if the damage looks
interesting enough. Took a bit of doing to get it into the storage area as
when under a load it will temporarily lock up, have to back up and try
again. Fun fun fun...
--wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org