Re: [oletrucks] Fw: Glass bowl broke

To: givens@hal-pc.org, oletrucks@autox.team.net (oletrucks)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fw: Glass bowl broke
From: Cadamsarch@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:09:01 EDT
Hello Ron,

I know the feeling. For years I've been thinking, "Yup, I should have a spare
glass fuel bowl." Of course, I kept trusting my dumb luck. A couple of weeks
ago, thinking I'd be a nice guy to my Stovebolt 216, I pulled the glass bowl
to clean whatever might be in the line. Amazing how slippery those guys are. My
right foot shot out like a diamond back. I thought I had the moves of a NHL
goalie. The concrete pavement thought differently. BUZZZZZ: goal. 1 to 0 in
favor of the concrete.

Now I have a spare bowl for my 1951Chevy AD (plus gasket for bowl to pump and
pump to engine). You can have them at cost plus shipping. Truth is, mine came
from Chevy Duty and they can probably get the same to you one as fast as I
can get you mine. To get my truck on the road again, I got an ACDelco No. 429
fuel pump from Red Rooster Auto Parts the next day. (That's the same number as
GM# 1523429.) This is the same pump as my original, without the glass bowl.

Let me know if you want my glass bowl and gaskets, and don't think for a
minute you are the only truck owner who has been on the short end of the
concrete-takes-the-glass-bowl scoreboard.

Regards,

Culver Adams
1931 Chevy coupe
1951 Chevy 3100
extra glass bowl and gaskets on the shelf.
---

n a message dated 8/17/03 5:01:27 PM Central Daylight Time, givens@hal-pc.org