Re: [oletrucks] OT Modern GM Radio plugs

To: bekett@uslink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] OT Modern GM Radio plugs
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:08:33 -0500
Bruce:
Suggest you go to a Radio Shack or car audio dealer (Best Buy Circuit City
etc.).  They usually sell universal wiring harness kits with plugs to adapt
car audio's from one vehicle to another.  You may also want to do an
internet search (one possibility is a company called Crutchfields) to see if
any mail order houses can help you.  Although most dealers specialize in
installation kits for aftermarket car audio (Panasonic, Banlkpunt sp? and
etc.), they may be able to help adapt your system.  I wouldn't expect a
Buick dealer to be much help as they don't usually do this but they may be a
resource if you come up empty with the others.

Hope this helps, good luck with your project!

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL

>From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
>To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
>Subject: [oletrucks] OT Modern GM Radio plugs
>Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:18:04 -0500
>
>I recently inherited an OEM Delco AM/FM/Cassette radio from my sister's
>94 Buick Roadmaster.  I would like to mount this in an older Buick
>I also own.  Since this list seems to know everything about cars
>and trucks, I have the following questions:
>
>1.  Does anyone know a source for the plugs that go into the back
>of the radio with pigtail leads on the plugs?
>
>2.  Does anyone know the function of the wires on these plugs?
>
>Though I plan on putting it in the Buick for now, my truck may get
>a similar setup someday.
>
>I know this isn't the Buick list, but I could have lied and just
>said it was going in my truck :-)
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Bruce K
>57 3200
>65 Electra Convertible
>Mt. Iron, MN

>EASY and FREE access to your email anywhere: http://Mailreader.com/

<b>MSN 8:</b> Get 6 months for $9.95/month.