RE: [oletrucks] Raft update

To: "Bruce Kettunen" <bekett@uslink.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Raft update
From: "Thomas, Robert" <RThomas@ButteCounty.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:33:53 -0700
All:

Having lived in Cuba and watched the publicly televised "enemy of the
state" executions in 1959, & having not seen anything new or different
since, I am convinced "beyond all possible doubt" that our government's
policy of returning intercepted Cubans is beyond wrong-headed.  It is
complicity in murder and destruction of the true flame of liberty.

The philosophical justification is that Marxism/Communism is "morally
equivalent" to our Bible-based free-enterprise system.  Look at what is
happening with Alabama's Chief Justice Moore.

That truck SHOULD BE a monument - as much of a monument as the Statue of
Liberty.  Maybe we need a "Statue of Liberty South" in the form of a 51
Chevy Ton-and-1/2.

When "we" take the action of returning these Cubans to slavery,
something I thought was resolved in this country in 1865, how can "God
Bless America"?

Sorry for the rant.  The issues of personal freedom and old trucks are
both "hot buttons" for me.

RT