Re: [Re: [Re: [oletrucks] 1959 California Registration

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: [Re: [oletrucks] 1959 California Registration
From: Scot Stockton <auriclux@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:08:59 -0700
> These stickers are getting harder and harder to find now. If you're in a
> hurry then I'd buy that $83 dollar sticker, if not then keep checking
> ebay. I paid around $45 for my 59 sticker and only $12 bucks for my 58
> sticker, both from ebay. If you go to the car shows and swap meet out
> here(SoCal), the asking price is from about $30 to $75 for one. They
> give you a better price if you buy a set of plates from them. Oh yeah If
> you find one, don't stick it on your plate! DMV will send you out a
> small tag to stick the sticker on (just in case you didn't know). Maybe
> someone on the list will have one for a good price, good luck.
> Pee-Wee.

I'm not in such a big hurry that I won't try to find one for closer to $40
than $80.

Now as to applying the sticker directly on my plate - that's *exactly* what
the guy at the DMV told me to do.  Yeah, right.  I was going to ask around to
see if there was a way of attaching the thing without exposing it to too much
degradation.  I'll even see if there's a way to forge a copy to use while I
archive the original.

Now, I do know that the DMV will give me a little metal tab on which to
display the new sticker that the DMV will send.  The '59 sticker looks to be
maybe and inch-and-a-half square, while the new sticker will be the half by
one-inch rectangle.  At least that's what I understood him to mean.

Also, I was wondering if there were a nifty license plate holder/frame/case
that would keep my plates pretty.

Thanks,
Scot