[oletrucks] TF Bed

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] TF Bed
From: "Doug Wathor" <wathor@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:13:25 -0700
I finally got the clutch head screwdrivers I needed to remove the rear
fenders on my '56, and now I'm close to removing the rest of the bed.
However, it appears like the bed sides are welded to the metal strip that
sits below the tailgate and connects the two sides. Even though there are a
number of bolts on the corners, it also appears like this piece was welded
in. Is this correct? Are the bed sides removable without having to make any
cuts?

I'm sure the answers will become obvious, once I get to the point of
actually removing the bed and separating the pieces, but I'd like to know
what to expect. Thanks.

Doug
63 Corvette
56 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickup