Re: [oletrucks] TF Bed

To: "Doug Wathor" <wathor@comcast.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF Bed
From: "bgibson" <bgibson@mcc4u.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:53:42 -0700
You are right they are welded, I used a die grinder to unweld them.
Question, are your sides bad? I think if I had it to do all over again I
would buy a new front panel, install it then sandblast the unit as a whole
on saw horses, then paint.
If you plan on driving allot,after you unweld you would need to get it
rewelded by wire feed before you paint.
The weld keeps the bed from spreading at the top when hauling loads on the
farm.
I choose not to reweld, I do not drive many miles per year, and have had no
problem with spreading and also I do not open the tail gate much??

2 cents worth
Hoot58