[oletrucks] Re: Old gas

To: "Old chevy truck advice" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Old gas
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlubitz@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 07:09:40 -0500
Guys,

I have had a truck stored in the garage for two years.  It has about 5
gallons of gas in the tank.  Three questions:

1.  Should I drain the gas before I start the truck and refill it with new
gas?
2.  Would it be worthwhile to put some gasoline saver additive in the tank
now?  I was thinking to use the same additive that I put in the lawnmower.
3.  Should I drain the gas now or just wait for a year to do something?  I
won't start the truck for about nine months to a year.

Thanks.

Michael Lubitz
'46 3/4 ton stock pick up, "Buddy"
'48 three window hot rod