Re: [oletrucks] driveshaft

To: lcorley@ticnet.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] driveshaft
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:26:54 EDT
In a message dated 9/2/2003 6:01:52 AM Central Standard Time,
lcorley@ticnet.com writes:
I can modify the shaft or fabricate a lever, but before I spent the time and
effort, I wanted to check with this group.  Someone may know of a trick of
maybe
there's a vendor who has already addressed this.
Leon,
  I had a similar experience when I put a 3-speed OD in my '48.  What I ended
up doing is swapping out the side covers, with the shift arms, from the two
trannies to keep the original lever configuration.  If you look closely, they
are the same and will interchange.  A new gasket and you are good to go.  FYI,
This is best done on the bench (floor), not in the truck.  It ain't rocket
science.
  As for the driveshaft, I got a longer one with the correct ends and had it
shortened and balanced for about $100 total.  Measure VERY carefully, or let
them do it.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside