[oletrucks] Re: Rubber gas lines

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Rubber gas lines
From: Ed Miller <enigmaT120@highstream.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 09:35:34 -0700
Tim, that's crazy.  Not you, the situation!  I've never changed the gas
lines on my truck, and I've had it since 1988 or so, no problems.  I'm
not saying that you should be able to do that, and as I write this I'm
thinking that replacing them is a good idea.  Unless I get the same kind
you bought.  Are yours the black rubber with nylon or fiberglass (dunno
what it is) braid in them for reinforcement?  That's what I've always
used for gas line, except for the clear braided line I use on my old
Triumph bike.  I think the real good gas line is the stuff that has some
cloth braided covering, too, like for fuel injected rigs, that need
higher pressure line.

Good luck,
Ed Miller
'58 Apache Short Fleetside