RE: [oletrucks] Traction problems

To: "Tezzme2@aol.com" <Tezzme2@aol.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Traction problems
From: "Joseph Garcia" <joe_garcia@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:05:40 -0700
Hi -

A lot of times the previous owner removed some leafs from the spring pack
to get a lower stance and that helped to increase wheel hop.    A full leaf
spring set should help reduce the wheel hop as well as the installation of
a rear swaybar.

Joe

standard 4 speed and it has a ford 9" rear with 373 rear gears i think.
When you try to let the clutch out and take off i get some rear wheel hop.
What would be the reason for that? I do have leaf springs and the shocks
donot look real new.What would be a good way to fix this problem?