RE: [oletrucks] Fw: Electrical short

To: "Ronald I. Givens" <givens@hal-pc.org>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Fw: Electrical short
From: "Joseph Garcia" <joe_garcia@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 11:59:08 -0700
Hi Ronald -

Here's what I would do:

Disconnect the wire going out of one side of the fuse and then check if the
drain goes away.  If it does then you know that is the drain.  Then check
and see if the wire is Battery voltage "full time voltage", Ignition or
accessory current and that will give you an idea of where that wire may go.
You need to make up a long jumper lead to extend the testing range of your
meter.  Connect one lead to the non powered wire and the start probing
circuits with the other lead.  Have your meter on continuity and when you
probe the same wire your meter will beep.....then you've found the other
end of your wire....."unless it's tied into several circuits but I wouldn't
think so in your case.

Hope this helps a little.

Joe