RE: [oletrucks] Garage Floor Epoxy (no truck)

To: <dcvjrv@covad.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Garage Floor Epoxy (no truck)
From: "Antonio R. Tijerino" <antonio@tijerino.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:36:25 -0600
Jim,

I have a good experience with this. I used a product from Sherwin-Williams
called Tile Clad, it is a two part Epoxy that binds to the concrete
extremely well and it does not get removed by hot tires and does not get
easily marred by dragging a hydraulic jack across it, when dirty jsut hose
off.
Part of the secret is on the prep work. Here is what I did: First I used Oil
Eater from Costco, (Full strength) scrub real well with a large heavy duty
bristle brush, in areas in which may have oil stains just scrub real good
and use hot water to rinse. Second, you need to acid etch it with muriatic
acid, this is required if the concrete is glossy, very important to use a
respirator and have the garage door open. Rinse and let it dry over night.
The Tile clad product is a two part epoxy product, mix at 50-50 rate, first
you need to apply a reduced coat, (Sherwin-Williams store sells the proper
reducer) and wait for at least 5 hours until it is dry to the touch, but
with a slight "tacky feel".
The second and last coat needs to be applied at full strength. Use a roller.
Need good ventilation and make sure the pilot on the water heater is off.
When using the roller go in only one direction.
Be prepared to spend at least $200.00 for a 3 car garage.

Stay away from the Home Depot product, it sucks and will peel off, I got it
for my prior home and  after the first rain it started popping out all over.

Good luck.