Re: [[oletrucks] Garage Floor Epoxy (no truck)]

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [[oletrucks] Garage Floor Epoxy (no truck)]
From: Scot Stockton <auriclux@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:50:35 -0700
I painted my garage floor with the epoxy I got from Lowes (home improvement
center chain) - can't recall the name.  I've dropped tools, rocks, heads
(dammit), and a slew of other things all to the detriment of the item dropped
rather than the chipping of the epoxy surface.

I've spilled brake fluid, oil, gas, paint thinner, paint *remover*, and other
things I can't recall - only to mop it up without detecting anything wrong
with the surface.

The only thing that has so far hurt the surface is a two part plastic that I
was fooing around with where you mix two liquids and the resulting syrup
solidifies into a hard plastic (read epoxy).  Well, I tipped that syrup onto
the workbench and it dripped onto the floor in a nice round puddle,
solidifying instantly.  When the plastic disk came up, half of the wpoxy paint
came with it, not all, there still isn't concrete visible in that spot, but it
isn't a nice shiny paint job either.

Also, appearances to the contrary in this post, I'm not that clumsy...