Re: [oletrucks] Tranny popping out of gear

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tranny popping out of gear
From: PeeWee <PWeee@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 05:18:59 -0700
One of my 3-speeds kept popping out of 2nd and 3rd gear, and all I did
was put the shift lever in the neutral position and got down by the
shift linkage levers (the 2 shift arms) on the tranny and saw that the
lever for the 2nd and 3rd gear was out of place and didn't line up with
the first and reverse lever (in neutral). So I loosened the shift lever
linkage to line everything up and it never popped out of 2nd gear. You
might want to check your linkage and make sure it's not loose and didn't
move on you, if that doesn't do it maybe it's a bad syncro???

Mine use to pop out of first and reverse also, and it was from a worn
down first and reverse gear and a chipped tooth. I went to my favorite
junk yard that's hooked up to a bunch of other junk yards (on a
network). They found a 3-speed tranny for my 3/4 ton and had it shipped
down here from N. California for only $75 bucks! Opened it up and it
looked brand new on the inside. That place is called Whittier Auto
Dismantling and Transmission here in whittier, california.
Hope this helps,
Pee-Wee.

--

1958 GMC 336 V-8 Factory Napco Suburban Carryall
1959 GMC 270 inline 6-cyl Suburban Carryall