Re: [oletrucks] Cab corners and cab cracks

To: "Ryan Sain" <rsain@gte.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cab corners and cab cracks
From: "Bob Chansler" <rchansl@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:19:05 -0600
Ryan,
A couple thoughts:
 On the floor for those rust pits, you might try using Por15. It is
extremely tough and works well on areas like a floor. It flows out real
smooth. You have to buff it or prime it to put regular paint over it.
For sanding welds, I use a 3 inch Roloc disc on a die grinder. It is much
easier to work than that 4 inch grinder. It provides a much smoother surface
and works well to shape the weld area. You can get almost any grit of paper
on those discs. I usually use an 80 grit on the rough welds and switch to
120 for smoothing things out. A big grinder tends to get heavy and
invariably you end up gouging the area.
Bob Chansler