[oletrucks] My T5 swap.

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] My T5 swap.
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:23:51 -0400
I haven't seen a lot of talk about T5 swaps lately. There is very good
information on the stovebolt and inliners pages.

I jumped right in without looking about a year ago. I ended up with a very
early S-10 T5. That's right the .86 overdrive model that no one wants. After
doing some homework and seeing what others had done, I went about finding a
way to improve the T5 I had instead of trying to find another one. I just
finished the rebuild of the second transmission today.

I found two ways to improve these early T5 transmissions. One involves a
gutting and replacing most of the internals and the other is a better fifth
gear set. You end up with a 2.95 first gear, close ratio gear set and .63
overdrive with the total gut job. The only things you don't replace is first
and fifth gear. You end up with a 4.03 first gear, like the standard s-10 T5
with and a .72 overdrive by just replacing the fifth gear set with one from
a Buick T5.

Read all about it at:
http://home.twcny.rr.com/schickling/1940Chevy/T5.html

Bill Schickling