[oletrucks] King pins

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] King pins
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:30:58 -0400
Okay,

The machine shop I used to press out my king pins called today. They are
working on another old truck axle and they can not get the king pins out.
The king pins move like 1/16 of an inch, but won't budge after that. The
locking pin has been removed and the pin does move and the spindle does does
swivel on the king pin.

They wanted me to ask the list if there might be any ideas. They don't want
to heat it up for fear of hardening the kingpin. Their last resort is to
drill out the center of the king pin to hopefully allow them to press the
pin out.

Any ideas I could pass on would be helpful.

Bill