Re: [oletrucks] couple of things

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] couple of things
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:15:07 -0500
The TH 400 is one of the solidest 3 speed automatic transmissions
ever built.  If it hasn't been abused, it should work out fine.
Later models may have had a locking torque converter.  The basic
transmission was built to stand up to torque laden engines like the
BB Chevys, Buick, Pontiac, and Cadillacs of the late 60's.

The OD unit was probably some kind of an add on.  You may be lucky
there too if it is something like a Gear Vendors unit.  The wiring
is probably pretty simple, power on in OD power off in straight drive,
or something like that.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
65 Electra Convertible with Buick's version of the TH400
Mt. Iron, MN