RE: [oletrucks] fuel sender

To: "Williams Grant Civ Det 2 412 AMXS/MXA2A"
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] fuel sender
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:37:59 -0500
I don't have proof that it applies to GMC 6v systems, but I do know that early
50's 6v Pontiacs used the same 30ohm full, zero ohm empty sending units that
late 50's GMC TF trucks use.  If the "modern" gauge you are working with is
from a TF it should work just fine.  If it is aftermarket (Stewart-Warner,
etc.) you will have problems unless they can supply a gauge that works with the
30 ohm when full sending unit.