RE: [oletrucks] POR 15

To: "zman" <zman@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] POR 15
From: "Tom C." <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:11:43 -0400
So it would be best if I didn't use the cup brush I have on my 4" hand held
grinder? I should just use a wire brush and knock off what is loose and
comes off easy by hand? I actually used the cup brush on a small section,
and it took it down to a black finish, it wasn't really a shiny metal finish
but it was a lot smoother than the rust that was on it. If i take it down to
the black finish, would that be enough for POR15 to adhere to? Should I
rough up the metal with a semi rough sand paper, would that help?
        Thanks
        Tom in SC