Re: [oletrucks] Starter Shims installation for GM engines

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Starter Shims installation for GM engines
From: Claude <cramey@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:58:37 -0600
I think a replacement, rebuilt starter will come with shims if  the
rebuilders shaved any metal off the mating surface. I just bought, or
got my free lifetime replacement, starter from Advance Auto Parts. It
had a bright colored warning in it to use the shims if provided. I had
no shims and the starter works well. This is on a new style engine (1985
replacement 350).

Claude
1985 350 TPI auto
1959 4bbl 283 4-speed