Re: [oletrucks] RE: Swedes, Norwegians, Minnesota cold

To: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: Swedes, Norwegians, Minnesota cold
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 12:34:57 -0800
Interesting story.  I wonder if any records would exist that could prove or
deny it?

A friend of mine is named Smith.  As a young man his great grandfather had
showed up in a town, said he was Smith from somewhere or other.  Many years
later one of his descendants tried to figure out where he had come from and
the conclusion was that his name was not Smith before he showed up in that
town, and this story about where he had come from was probably a lie.

So now they have no idea at all where that branch of the family came from.
But my friends grandfather used to have a cool Art Deco truck that went to
someone else when grandpa died because my claim it should go to me wasn't
very strong...

There are lots of sites on the web for helping people sort our family
history.  Is anyone aware of any sites that help trace a trucks history?  I
know from the serial number on my Suburban that it was manufactured in
Oakland California.  I bought it in 2002.  Where was it between 1955 and
2002?  I can trace it back just three or four years, but no further.

My '54 was built in St Louis (serial number again) and had a Texas title
when I got it.  It would be interesting to track more of its history.

I bet the tools are not publicly available, but it would be fun if they
were.