Re: [oletrucks] steering wheel removal

To: Steven Stuckmeyer <slstu51@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] steering wheel removal
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 22:53:41 -0800
I suggested to the gentleman just that thought, of course stated he tried
that with no avail. My last suggestion was a little heat---he emailed me
back and with about 2 minutes from a propane torch concentrating on the
steering wheel hub, not on the shaft. It popped right off with very little
effort.  Guess when all else fails---put a
little fire on it..    ---wayne
At 07:04 PM 11/4/03 -0800, Steven Stuckmeyer wrote:
>With a new puller , put it on and use some wd40/micromist and wack the
puller bolt after it is on there tight. It may sit on there awhile. Go on
to something else....come back now and then and give a turn with a wack or
two. I had a wheel pop off while I was at work the next day. Them pitman
arms are even more stuborn!