Re: [oletrucks] Steering wheel

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Steering wheel
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:23:47 -0600
The kit is a two part epoxy, a wheel puller, and a book on how to do it.

Basically the procedure is the same as your dentist uses on a cavity.
Notch out the crack, fill with epoxy as close to the final contour
as possible, let set, sand smooth.  Any good epoxy should work, I
had just as much luck with JB Weld as the stuff from Eastwood.

After finishing, the wheel can be painted with regular paint, vinyl
paint, or probably fusion.  I used Rustoleum vinyl paint and it has
held up well for 3 years now.

A link to another guy on the list who fixed his on his truck BillyBob:

http://www.laroke.com/larryk4674/2000/wip4a.htm

This was a good winter project.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200