Re: [oletrucks] well i got it

To: "zman" <zman@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>, "Tom C."
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] well i got it
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:52:23 -0500
The Box and column are one piece on orig AD, and you can use it only if you
cut it off at firewall, put a bearing in end of tube and make/buy a mount
for firewall and use U-joints and shafts to go to whatever type of steering
box you put in after. That's what you do for the kits you mention or you use
modern short column as said to get the turn signals, maybe cruise if used
and wiper controls like a newer truck/car has. Also for tilt wheel, which
your old column will NEVER be!
   My Opinion, rebuild the stock front axle with kingpins, tie rod ends and
disc brake conversion, plus new steering link, it will be like new.

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750
AD trucks and MM tractors